Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Coconut Oil Item number: OL116

So, why do you like coconut oil? For our family coconut oil was an answer to ulcers that I had been battling for over a year. Surgeries, IV medications, and still the ulcers persisted. I am thankful for the call I received from a friend who shared the amazing properties of Coconut oil with me. Since our family has consumed coconut oil as a regular part of our diet, I have not had a single issue with ulcers. Our family has been healthier as a whole. Whenever we have “caught” something we felt stronger than in times past and noticed sickness not to linger as it once did. I personally like to use the expeller pressed variety so that I can add it to whatever dishes I like without any strong coconut flavor.

I love Coconut oil for what it does and doesn’t do for our family!
What Coconut oil DOES do:
·         Coconut oil offers antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal properties. It is also known to improve Thyroid function.
·         Coconut oil supports the immune system.
·         Helps reduce the risk of cancer, protects against skin cancer
·         Functions as a protective antioxidant
What Coconut DOES NOT do:
·         Coconut oil does NOT increase blood cholesterol level
·         Coconut oil does NOT make you gain weight
·         Coconut oil does NOT promote platelet stickiness or blood clot formation
·         Coconut oil does NOT cause heart disease
I strongly recommend that you read the book, The Coconut Oil Miracle, (item number: BK371) written by Dr. Bruce Fife. In this book he shared why coconut oil is the “Healthiest Oil on Earth”. Excerpt from the back of the book reads, “If there was an oil you could use for your daily cooking needs that helped protect you from heart disease, cancer, and other degenerative conditions, improved your digestion, strengthened your immune system, and helped you lose excess weight, would you be interested? This is what coconut oil can do for you!”
Thank you for allowing me to share my personal reasons why I have chosen coconut oil as the main oil in our home. As you can see, coconut oil has earned its place as a staple in my home for good reason!  If you have a recipe that includes coconut oil I would love to have you post it here so I can try it. Or if you would like to share why you use coconut oil, please do. I always love to hear from you!

Popular Posts