Thursday, February 24, 2011

Have you ever wondered?

curious-george-yellow-hatCuriosity may have gotten Curious George in a lot of trouble over the years however, when we’re learning new skills, a new lifestyle, or a new menu curiosity can be of great value. Curiosity is often the first step to change for the better! Haven’t we all been curious how we can do a better job feeding our family or caring for their needs? Curiosity leads to questions, questions lead to research, research leads to education, education leads to learning and learning when applied leads to change for the better! 

Have you ever wondered how to tell if an egg has went bad? Or what about how many wheat berries you must grind for 1 cup of flour? I’ve often been asked how to tell if a cantaloupe is fresh, or what temperature cream should be when churning into butter. These are all good questions! Questions you don’t think of unless you’re being proactive in the kitchen!  I remember a time that I had no clue flour didn’t come off the plant as a fine powder! Eggs go bad? I didn’t know that was possible; and how to make butter well that wasn’t even in my thought process! I remember when the thought of grinding grain seemed exciting and daunting all at the same time. I listened, read and researched each new “skill” and most often felt overwhelmed. With some time and hands on practice I’ve learned that living a simpler life wasn’t as difficult as I was making it!

Over the next few weeks I will be hosting, “Have you ever Wondered?” post where I answer all the above questions and more! If you have a question that you’ve been curious about, please let me know! I would be delighted to share with you! Don’t forget to join our Facebook page as well. There you’ll find several families that share recipes, favorite products and answer questions from their personal experience. You never know you might even be the one to share the answer to their curious questions too!

Until our next chat…

Mrs. Joseph Wood

Popular Posts