Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Have you ever wondered: The yield for wheat berries to cups of flour?

This is a very popular question! Throughout books and websites I have found that no one has the same answer! However, when grinding my own wheat I find that I, on average, get 1 1/2C of flour for every 1C of wheat berries.
Here is a step by step walk through on grinding your own wheat-

Start with making sure your grinder is clean and ready to go. Check and make sure there are no wheat berries down inside.

Turn on your grinder and let sit for 30seconds this will make sure all the dust is blown out and ready for the next task.

Pour in 1C of Hard White Wheat Berries (Code: GR112)

Let run through until you can no longer hear anymore wheat berries shaking around.

Pour back into measuring cup and you should have, 1 1/2C of freshly ground flour.


Until our next discovery-

Bekah Lynn
185867_1847757510171_1127673233_32195121_4867272_n

Bekah Lynn is the daughter of Joseph and Jeanette Wood. She is the oldest daughter in the family, assisting daily in the family business and helping in the home management.
Life verse: Psalm 46:10”Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

Popular Posts