Monday, April 4, 2011

Product Spotlight- Organic Instant Mashed Potatoes

IMG_0894[1]When Joe and I first met I was domestically challenged. In fact, that’s an understatement. If I told you how poorly I made meals or how little I knew about home making you would laugh and think I was a stand up comedian. Truth be known, I didn’t even know that you made mashed potatoes out of real potatoes. I thought if you wanted them mashed you had to buy them in a box on isle 6 of the grocery store. And then…..

THEN I married my Joe who despised instant mashed potatoes and kindly requested that I never buy another box again! He showed me how to make REAL mashed potatoes and after many lumpy attempts and much patience I got pretty good at making the REAL stuff. I believe it’s been well over 20 years since we have tasted instant mashed potatoes. When I was first asked to try these I told the story of my younger years and my Joe’s request for only the REAL stuff! I was assured that these were the best organic instant mashed potatoes available and I should give them a try.

So I agreed.

We followed the directions to mix 1- 1 1/2 cups of heated milk, water, OR stock (we used raw milk) to 1 cup of potatoes and whisked slowly. Allowing it to sit for a moment we added some Real Salt along with organic pepper with organic butter making this an instant success!

How’d Joe like them you ask? Well, to my surprise and even to his surprise, he discovered that these organic instant mashed potatoes were delicious! When I asked him if he would like me to make them again he replied, “Yes. I would enjoy these again!”

Knowing their organic makes my heart feel a since of relief. I can have fast, healthy choices for my family, what a joy to know. Thank you Azure!!

Until our next chat,
Mrs. Joseph Wood

Popular Posts